Friday, May 09, 2008

'69 Road Runner for sale, a former co member of the San Diego Mopar club





History as I know it:
1969 the cars was purchased and 6 months later the owner went to Vietnam as was killed in action. For about 10 years, the family just kept the car in the garage as a memorial. Then ,the brother drove the car and I don't have any information for those years. In 1990, an attorney bought it and drove it for a few years. Then, he parked it in a garage, with several other collectible cars, driving it very little for the next 7-8 years. He sold it to me in 2001 and I did the work listed below.

383 w/new Holly Carb
Hurst 4 speed (manual)
new interior (carpet, roof liner, dash pad, seats and trunk liner)
I wish I took a picture of floor and truck pan. Both looked like new.
Instrument cluster was completely restored by Red Line Gages. The plastic bezel was re-chromed, speedometer numbers and lines redone, and new components so it's like new.
I added a tach while I was at it.
electronic ignition
new exhaust
radiator redone
8 track in dash
gas tank removed and cleaned