Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stuff that caught my eye at the Irvine Bugorama this past weekend

I've posted about In and Out coming to events before http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-and-out-burger-mobile-restaurant-was.html But didn't find out that they charge 7.50 a burger with these mobile jobbers... I want you to know that a doubel cheeseburger and a coke are less than 5 bucks at the restaurant. It's a damn good deal. Didn't know what this was, but Steve came through again! It's a Mexican-built Volkswagen "Hormiga" (means ant). They are known in Germany as the EA489 Basistransporter. Between 1976 and 1977, 3,600 of them were built in Puebla, Mexico. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_EA489_Basistransporter has more info, and in the Philipines it is called a Trakbayan Nice clever way of mounting the portable Coleman stove Lots of vintage coolers in the swap meet area Above is a very early bug deflector, below is a tag I've never seen before... don't know what it's about. Maybe a customizer? Or a dealership? Lots of matched luggage sets Interesting and cool top When the new Beetle was first sold about 6 years ago, it was instantly the best way to advertise your company... because everyone looked at it. I never see those advertising Beetles anymore Above is the electric motor that the many batteries up front were connected to

4 comments:

  1. Hey :D
    I just wanted to tell you that I think your blog is great!
    I am currently in the process of restoring my 1974 VW Beetle- I call him Arty- which I am documenting in my blog here: http://abeetleslife.blogspot.com/
    Keep bloggin'!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jesse, Great stuff as always. I'm trying to find something in your realm for the website. I'll let you know when/if I succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Glockler badge is from a dealership in Frankfurt German. They are famous for their racing Porches' re-bodied with their own designs in the 1950's. Their Porches bring big bucks at auction and have inspired some cool replicas the past few years.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/cg/2561/Glockler-Porsche-Special-Coupe.html

    ReplyDelete