Saturday, December 07, 2013

THE BOLD AVIATOR LAY DYING

THE BOLD AVIATOR LAY DYING (Second World War version, trad)
 Tune: My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean

Oh, the bold aviator was dying
And as 'neath the wreckage he lay, he lay
 To the sobbing mechanics about him
These last parting words he did say.

"Take the cylinders out of my kidneys
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain
 From the small of my back get the crankshaft
And assemble the engine again.

Two valve springs you’ll find in my stomach,
 Three spark plugs are safe in my lung, my lung,
 The prop is in splinters inside me,
 To my fingers the joy-stick has clung.

Take the propeller boss out of my liver,
 Take the aileron out of my thigh, my thigh,
 From the seat of my pants take the piston,
 Then see if the old crate will fly."
http://progress-is-fine.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-bold-aviator-lay-dying.html

No comments:

Post a Comment