Monday, January 20, 2014

the 1965 illustrations of Ben Denison, in the 1965 Playboy Cars feature












from http://www.selectism.com/2012/11/08/the-playboy-cars-of-1965-by-illustrator-ben-denison-vintage-look/ via http://todaysinspiration.blogspot.com/2013/11/ben-denison-in-his-own-words-part-5.html

he did a lot of illustrations, for Playboy, whom he was fortunate to start working with from issue one, to Houghton Mifflin's grade school books



the above two from http://todaysinspiration.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not the first to not read what I wrote today. You have the artist wrong, and both the links I provided are to the work of the images I copied from them, of the work of Ben Denison. Why you think I'm wrong, I've no idea.

      Delete
    2. I'm removing your comment, as it has nothing to do with the art I posted, or the artist. Linking to some other artist isn't something I want on my site.... I don't like Ken's work, and won't have a link to it on my site. Your comment is possibly just a way to get his site some traffic, or sell some of his work. Not gonna happen on my site. I only have the content and links I approve of.

      Delete
  2. Great Collection! I'm old enough and being brought up in L.A., remember seeing these cars almost daily. We lived in Eagle Rock and would cruise Hollywood friday nights in a friends 1938 Bauman-Swartz Packard Limo! He went on to be in charge of the Max Factor auto collection... not sure of his exact title! I think Denisons graphics captures that epic '50's style perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow... do you have a photo of you guys and the limo?

      Delete