Monday, April 28, 2014

coolest car I found at the Knotts Berry Farm, was this Falcon transformed into a Super Roo



I talked to the owner for a couple minutes, and he's a great guy... he relayed that as a kid he'd lived in Australia for about 9 years, and fell in love with the cars there.


So much so, that he took about 4 years to add the right parts to an American Ford Falcon to get exactly the right mix of Australian and American parts to get the car the way he wants it.





it took months to get the trail completed, and it's a XW Gt front end, and an XY tail. It's not the same year as the front. Nor is it a 4 door. I like this better.




4 comments:

  1. Interesting Falcon! Yes it is a bit of a mix with an XW Falcon front end, XY Falcon (the next model) rear end, and no coupe was on sale here in Australia . . . but a clever interpretation nonetheless. The XY Falcon Phase III GT remains an icon of early 1970's Australian muscle cars which is hard to match. Cheers, Matthew in Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt for the designations! As much as I admire these cars I have yet to get familiar enough to learn the xw, xy models. I appreciate the info!

      Delete
  2. Great work. I'd have chosen XY front, XW tail but that's just taste.
    Side stripe bugs me, seems it ought meet centre of the taillight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe did an excellent conversion from an American Coupe to an Australian XW/XY Coupe!!!

    I have put a few XY additions to my '68 American Coupe.

    ReplyDelete