Thursday, February 16, 2017

Sirius XM prices are going up, maybe it's time to just share the music library and grow it

The automatic renewal (if you're foolish and give them your credit card number) was 175 dollars for the 12 months of Jan 2014 to Jan 2015

As of Feb 2017 a renewal for 12 months is $218 a year.

That's nearly 4 dollars more a month, and they included a note that as of April of 2017, the price will increase another dollar  a month.

By my math, the price has already been increasing more than a dollar a year.

As I've done in the past, I advice all of you to check on the renewal situation of your XM/Sirius radio contract or subscription, tell them you are cancelling.

A couple months down the line, you'll get a sweet heart offer for 1/4 or less of the normal charge. That's been my experience. Just thought you'd like to know.

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2013/05/advice-for-all-xmsirius-subscribers.html


Also, consider this.... maybe you too are paying for unlimited data on your cell phone. I am. About a 100 a year, T-Mobile. 

So, really, would you pay more than 5 bucks a month for Sirius XM when you can take your phone, access You Tube, and listen to whatever you might want? Or Pandora? Or even all your old Cds if you've ripped them to your computer and loaded them onto your cell phone, thumb drive, or portable hard drive 

This reminds me, I've put all my old cds music onto a hard drive, I call it my music library. So have other people. Some times when people add their libraries together they get a hell of a lot of incredible sharing (hey, I'm sharing stuff on this blog every day, with you) of music, and without buying more cds. 

If you want to share your music library, like I do, let me know. We can send the hard drive around, and have people add theirs to it, and when it gets to the next person on the list, they can get all that's on it, add theirs to it, and send it on along. So far I've got about 3/4s of a terabyte of music. But I still don't have the Who, the Guess Who, and some others that I'd love to listen to more, like some 80s big hair bands and rock n roll. 

Just fyi. 

3 comments:

  1. I check CDs out from the library, and copy them onto my phone. Not much different than file-sharing online, but I don't have to worry about viruses. My library is part of a network, so you can request music from other sites, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, have you had any issues with excessively scratched cds?

      Delete
  2. I don't think so. If I did, I would have said something when I returned it.

    ReplyDelete